Building communities you want to live in.
We can give you the help you need to build a lasting future for your community. We run a wide variety of projects with our tenants and their communities that are aimed at developing skills, regenerating areas and tackling money problems. We work with all generations to help them achieve their potential.
Our Communities team have staff with specialist skills such as youth workers and fundraisers. We know how a community can work to improve itself, and we are there to help you.
Here’s some of the things we are doing:
- Helping people get into training and employment, set up their own business or gain the skills they need to do the things they enjoy.
- Working with young people to make the most of their lives. We help them think about what they want to do and find out what they are good at, using arts and music projects, as well as sports activities, IT and work experience.
- Tackling debt by helping people to budget and save money to make the most of what they’ve got. Working with Credit Unions and other not for profit savings and loan companies like Moneyline Cymru.
- Supporting community activity and social enterprise to help areas create their own projects to provide what is needed in their own neighbourhoods.
- Helping older people keep active and learn new things through healthy living activities, creative writing and the arts. We are introducing them to computers and the internet so they can keep up with the younger generation.
- Encouraging people to express their views and share ideas through the Charter Seniors forum and ‘The Window’ magazine, The Zone and Contact magazine.
Our staff are highly trained and CRB checked to work with children and young people.
Want to become involved in one of our projects or talk about what we can do for your community? Telephone us on 01633 212375 (ask for the Investing in Communities team) or send us a message.Building Communities