Anti-social behaviour and hate crime has a huge impact on families and communities. We take it so seriously that we have the specialist Nuisance Prevention Team to deal with it. The team have been very successful in taking legal action and they work with you to stop both hate crime and anti-social behaviour.
This is how we deal with hate crime and anti-social behaviour and how we support you at the same time.
What is anti-social behaviour?
- Persistent nuisance
- Noisy neighbours
- Harassment and intimidation
- Unprovoked assault and/or aggressive behaviour
These are just some examples of anti-social behaviour.
What is hate crime?
If you are experiencing any of the above because of your nationality, ethnic origin, colour, political or religious beliefs, sexuality, age or disability, then you are experiencing hate crime. In this leaflet, references to anti-social behaviour also include behaviour as a result of hate crime.
How we can help you
- Quickly investigate any complaint of anti-social behaviour.
- Where there has been violence or the threat of violence, we’ll begin dealing with it in one day.
- Let you know what you have to do to help us deal with your problem.
- Use a range of legal and non-legal solutions to stop the bad behaviour.
- Work with other agencies if we need extra help.
- Work with your neighbours to make your community safe.
- Let you know why we can’t take action, and why.
- Respect your privacy. We won’t tell anyone who you are unless you say we can. Any information you give us is protected under the Data Protection Act.