money savers warm home discount
What is the Warm Home Discount Scheme?
The Warm Home Discount scheme is a government initiative that is funded and distributed by the major energy suppliers. The scheme is aimed at supporting customers who are on low incomes and maybe struggling with their energy bills. Eligible customers will receive a rebate on their electricity bill.
How much is the rebate?
Eligible customers with receive a rebate of £140 on their electricity bill for March 2014/April 2015. The rebate is a one off payment that will be made at the end of the financial year and will be credited to the customer’s account or meter.
Am I eligible?
Eligibility for the scheme is based on income and the scheme separates applicants into two groups; the Core group and the Broader group.
- The Core group is low income pensioners and with the assistance of the Department of Work and Pensions eligible pensioners will automatically receive the rebate.
- The Broader group has a more complicated qualifying criteria. It’s aimed at those who are on low incomes and/or are in receipt of welfare benefits and premiums.
Each energy supplier has discretion of the qualifying criteria, therefore to confirm eligibility for the scheme, customers should contact their energy supplier direct or contact the Money Saving project. This scheme is available in addition to winter fuel payments and cold weather payments and will not affect your eligibility for these schemes.
- British Gas / Scottish Gas / Sainsbury’s Energy
- EDF Energy
- E.ON Energy
- Scottish and Southern Energy / Atlantic / Scottish Hydro / SSE / Southern Electric / SWALEC / EBICO / Equipower / M&S Energy
- Co-operative Energy
- First Utility
- Manweb (see Scottish Power)
- Utility Warehouse
For more information Contact the Money Savers on 01633 678514.