We’re constantly working to make charterhousing.co.uk as accessible and usable as possible. We aim to be standards compliant and follow general principles of usability and universal design, which should help all visitors to this website.
Charterhousing.co.uk intend to meet at least level 2 (AA) of the W3C’s Website Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Guidelines, and as far as possible to meet level 3 (AAA).
Through taking this approach we hope to make our site as inclusive as possible, and also to comply with UK legislation including the Disability Discrimination Act (1995) and Disability Act (2001), which states that it is an offence to discriminate against a disabled person by treating him or her less favourably than others for a reason relating to their disability.
How can I change the font size in my browser?
You can adjust the font size on your web browser to make the text smaller or larger. Changing your browser font size is very easy. Simply follow the instructions given below to customise your webpages to suit your needs. Below is additional information and help with changing the font type and size in each of the major browsers.
Internet Explorer users
To increase, decrease, or change the default font in Microsoft Internet Explorer, follow the steps below.
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools.
- Click Internet Options.
- Within the Internet Options window, click the Fonts button at the bottom of the General tab.
- Within the fonts window, you can adjust the default font used in Internet Explorer. If you need additional font options, you can adjust how fonts are used by clicking the Accessibility button in the General tab.
Mozilla Firefox users
To increase, decrease, or change the default font in Mozilla Firefox, follow the steps below.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click Tools.
- Click Options.
- Within the Options window, click the Content button.
- Within the content section, you can specify the default font type, as well as the font size. In addition to being able to change these two settings, you can also click the Advanced button and get many more settings, such as the resolution and the minimum font size to use.
To increase, decrease, or change the default font in Google Chrome, follow the steps below.
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the “wrench” or “Menu”.
- Increase or decrease the Zoom. The browser’s default Zoom is 100%.
To increase, decrease, or change the default font in Opera, follow the steps below.
- Open Opera.
- Click Tools.
- Click Preferences.
- Within the Preferences window, click the Web pages tab.
- Once in the Web pages tab, you can adjust the fonts used. If you need more settings to adjust your fonts or font size, click the Advanced tab and click the Fonts option for several dozen additional changes that can be made to the fonts.
We are always striving for greater accessibility, and if you have any comments about the accessibility of our website please get in touch.